Using keyboard shortcuts to access features of application can be a great timesaver. If you spend a lot of time on the web and Chrome happens to be your browser of choice, then here are some keyboard shortcuts that could save you a lot of time.
1. Ctrl+Shift+N – Opens a new window in Chrome’s Incognito mode. The incognito mode prevents the browser from storing details of the websites you visit.
2. Alt+Home – Opens a new Tab which displays your most visited sites, recently closed tabs and installed apps.
3. Ctrl+J – Brings up a list of all the software you’ve downloaded. You can also locate the programs by clicking on ‘Show in folder’.
4. Ctrl+O – This launches the Open dialogue box so that you can open documents, images and other files from your hard disk in Chrome.
5. Ctrl+Shift+Delete – Opens the Clear Browsing Data box so you can delete your browsing history, cookies, passwords and other data.
6. Ctrl+Shift – Press this keyboard combination and click on a link to open the destination page in a new tab rather than the current one.
7. Alt+F or Alt+E – Opens the spanner menu in the top-right corner of the browser so that you can customise Chrome and change its settings.
8. Shift+Esc – This brings up Chrome’s Task Manager so you can see which tabs, extensions and apps are running and close specific processes.
9. Ctrl+Shift+D – Lets you save all your open tabs in a new Bookmarks folder.
10. Ctrl+Shift+T – Reopens the last tab you’ve closed. Google Chrome remembers the last 10 tabs you’ve closed.