Wobzip is a free online tool that can uncompress files on the fly. Wobzip can uncompress most compressed file formats like ZIP, 7z, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZHCHM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS.
Wobzip lets you uncompress files residing on your computer as well as directly from a url. Once the files are uncompressed, you can download the contents of the compressed file as individual files or collectively as a .zip. Windows XP natively supports zip files and so you can easily extract the files without any use of third party softwares.
Wobzip can uncompress even compressed files which are password protected. Of course, you would need to know the password.
So what are the pros and cons of WobZip?
- Now you can unzip your files in school, at work or anywhere as long as you have access to the Internet.
- Compressed files are scanned using an anti-virus scanner so any infected files will be removed before you download them onto your computer.
- You can compress your files using the compression format of your choice and send it to your friends who can then uncompress it using Wobzip.
- The maximum file size that is supported is 100MB.
- If the original compressed file is on your computer, then the file must first get uploaded before it can be decompressed. This could take time depending on the size of your file and your Internet connection speed.